Builder members of local home builder associations (hereafter referred to as “affiliated organizations”) had the opportunity to participate in a special competition to recruit new members during the 2021 fall membership drive from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30, 2021.
The goal of the competition was to recruit by or through personal efforts as many new members (Builder and Associate members only) as possible during the fall membership drive period for a chance to win prizes awarded by Signature Kitchen Suite.
To be eligible to compete, an individual must be a Builder member of NAHB. Eligible Builder members will be automatically entered in the competition and will compete against other Builder members in one of three membership size categories of affiliated organizations:
- Small — between 10-249 members
- Medium — between 250-599 members
- Large — 600 or more members
Winners will be announced by NAHB prior to Jan. 30, 2022, and must sign an eligibility waiver to win.
Signature Kitchen Suite will award the prize to the winning Builder members. There will be one winner and two runners up from each affiliated organizations membership size category (the “Winners”). The prize includes a private tour for the Winners, and one guest for each, in Napa Valley, Calif., to experience the LG and Signature Kitchen Suite Experience and Design Center.
Each Winner (and their guest) will receive:
- Three-night trip in 2022, dates to be announced by Signature Kitchen Suite by Jan. 30, 2022, as described below
- Airfare, meals, hotel, and transportation
- Exclusive brand immersion experience featuring sous vide cooking demos and learning more about Signature Kitchen Suite’s True to Food™ philosophy and Technicurean™ customer
- Great food, wine and fun activities (wine tour or golf)
Please ensure you meet the requirements for this competition:
- I am a member in good standing of NAHB. To be eligible to compete, an individual must be a Builder member of record or an Affiliate member of a Builder member of record. Eligibility of an Affiliate member to participate requires the Affiliate member’s Builder member of record to maintain an active membership during the fall membership drive or if not, the Affiliate member must convert his or her membership to become a Builder member during the fall membership drive.
- I am a Builder or employee of a Builder (Note: NAHB defines a ‘Builder member’ as small-volume builders, production builders, custom builders, light commercial builders and remodelers.) An affiliate member’s company must also meet the definition of the Builder member.
- I am aware that a qualifying new Builder and Associate memberships sponsored by the competing member must be posted through the Web Membership System (WMS) or postmarked on or before Nov. 30, 2021.
- After the close of the fall membership drive period on Nov. 30, 2021, NAHB will tally the results of the special competition to determine which members, in each of the three (3) affiliated-organization categories specified above, have recruited the greatest number of qualifying new Builder and Associate memberships during the fall membership drive period.
- New membership recruitment will be credited to a competing member only if achieved by personal efforts, mailings, telephone calls, electronic media, face-to-face meetings, or other similar contacts.
Legal Information: For purposes of this special competition, each Builder member or Affiliate member of a Builder member of record will, as of Sept. 1, 2021, compete against members in the same affiliated-organization membership size category. Members of record with multiple affiliated organization memberships will be placed in the largest category of affiliated organizations for which they recruit. However, a member will be given credit for all new members he or she recruits during the fall membership drive period, irrespective of the affiliated organization(s) the recruited member belongs to. Affiliated organizations will be placed into membership size categories based on the membership numbers submitted to NAHB by Aug. 31, 2021.
NAHB will prepare an interim report displaying a list of the qualifying new memberships recruited by competing members. The interim report will be provided to competing members upon written request.
NAHB reserves the right to verify such contacts by appropriate means, including communicating with the recruited new members, memberships not achieved by or through the competing member’s personal efforts will not be included. NAHB will determine one (1) winner and two (2) runners-up in each affiliated-organization category (each hereafter referred to as a “Winner”). In the event that two (2) or more competing members in the same affiliated-organization category have recruited the same number of qualifying memberships as of Nov. 30, 2021, the competing members will be ranked on the basis of the total number of new members recruited during the fall membership drive by all Builder members in the affiliated organization in which the competing member has been placed for purposes of this competition. The highest-ranked competing members will be determined to be the winner and runners-up, respectively. NAHB’s records shall be deemed accurate and dispositive. Any determination made by NAHB shall be final and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
NAHB shall notify the Winners in each affiliated-organization category after the determinations and may require the Winners to execute a declaration of eligibility and release. If a declaration of eligibility and release is requested from any Winner, he or she must return the signed declaration within 30 days or the prize may be forfeited and another winner will be selected. The Winners will be required to remain members in good standing with dues fully paid at all times from and after NAHB’s determination through the acceptance of the prize(s). If at any time a Winner fails to comply with this requirement or does not satisfy the eligibility requirements, then such Winner will be deemed ineligible and an alternate Winner will be determined.
As the official NAHB membership sponsor, Signature Kitchen Suite will award the prize to the Builder members who are determined to be the Winners in each of the three (3) affiliated-organization membership size categories (one winner and two runners-up in each category).
The prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted. Taxes, insurance and other fees associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner of the prize. By participating in the competition, each member or other competitor agrees that NAHB, Signature Kitchen Suite and NAHB’s and Signature Kitchen Suite’s representatives, agencies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, and employees shall have no liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize. By participating in the competition, each Member or other competitor agrees to and accepts these rules and the determinations and decisions of NAHB and Signature Kitchen Suite as final. Without limiting the foregoing, determinations of compliance with NAHB’s Bylaws and whether an affiliated organization is “current” in its reporting and payment obligations shall be made by NAHB’s Third Vice Chairman and the NAHB Secretary in their joint discretion. In the event of a dispute, NAHB’s records shall be deemed accurate and dispositive. Any decision made by NAHB shall be final and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal. Except as limited by law, acceptance of the prize shall constitute the Winner’s consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for advertising or promotional purposes with additional compensation. If applicable, Signature Kitchen Suite will provide an IRS Form 1099-MISC to the Winners.
The estimated value of the Prize is $3,000 for two (2) people, and $2,000 for one (1) person.
If a Winner is unable to attend on the dates specified in the prize notification, then the prize will be considered forfeited. Signature Kitchen Suite reserves the right to choose an alternate Winner if a prize is considered forfeited.
These rules are subject to change at NAHB’s discretion.