The NAHB Global Innovation Award annually recognizes the most cutting-edge, advanced, and original products, services, and homes from around the world. If you’re a company that offers products and services to the home building industry in the U.S. — and beyond — this is your opportunity to be recognized at the 2021 NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS).
Participants can submit applications for each eligible project, product and/or service that falls under one of the following three categories:
- Product of the Year
- Educational Service or Technology of the Year
- International Home of the Year
Learn more about the GIA categories, criteria, judging and guidelines.
How to Apply
- If you don’t have an account on the NAHB.org website, please create your account. It’s free, and you don’t have to be a member to register.
- Log in with your NAHB.org account.
- Click on the Apply Now button below and you will be taken to the Awards portal.
- Awards management platform will allow you to submit your information all at once or in phases.
- The submission for each application will be used by the judges to select a winner and promote the GIA Program.
- Award recipients will be announced and recognized at the 2021 International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Orlando.
Benefits of Receiving a GIA
- Special recognition at the NAHB International Builders’ Show® on Global Industry Day.
- Prominent acknowledgement on BuildersShow.com, nahb.org and InternationalHousingAssociation.org.
- Press announcement distributed to NAHB media contacts.
- Featured profile story on the NAHB official blog, NAHBNow, and in the NAHB Global Member e-News, which combined enjoy 75,000 readers per month.
- Additional exposure through NAHB social media.
Friends of the Global Innovation Award (GIA) Sponsors
2019 GIA Winners
Representatives for the three winning products were honored at the 2020 NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. The winning products offer home builders new options for building more sustainable, efficient and comfortable homes, as well as unique ways to plan and sell them to buyers. Learn more about the 2019 GIA winners.
"Through our participation in the Global Innovation Award, NAHB Building Systems Councils and IBS 2019 and 2020, we have been globally "discovered." These are exhausting shows, but it is very exciting for our team of nationwide builders to see the 'Aha!' moment when another builder sees the future."
"Introducing new technology to the home building industry has always been a challenge. Our NAHB membership and the Global Innovation Award (GIA) Program have been invaluable to helping us reach U.S. members. NAHB programs like these are a huge benefit to us."
“Since winning the NAHB Global Innovation Award, we’ve had an influx of new builders and designers inquiring about the SLZ-KF product. This award has significantly elevated our visibility and brand awareness in the HVAC marketplace.”