Jim Chapman, an Atlanta native and graduate of The Westminster Schools, is a home building veteran who started his own custom home building firm, Jim Chapman Fine Homes, in 1998 after earning an MBA from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill in 1996. From 1998 through 2005, his firm primarily built custom homes in Buckhead, Alpharetta and Highlands, North Carolina. In 2005, he began to also build and develop an active adult portfolio under the brand of Jim Chapman Communities, which has now become synonymous with high quality single level living. Currently, he is building under both his Jim Chapman Fine Homes’ brand and his Jim Chapman Communities’ brand throughout Buckhead, Vinings, Cobb, Forsyth, Fulton, Cherokee and Douglas counties. His design and architectural flair is heavily influenced by his design partner, mentor and father, Jim Chapman Sr., who is a well-known Atlanta architect.
Jim’s resume also includes a host of industry leadership roles and responsibilities as follows:
• Founding Chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary state-wide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia to promote accessibility and universal design
• Chairman of the 55 Plus Housing Industries Council of the National Association of Home Builders for 2016
• Recently re-appointed to the Home Builders Association of Georgia’s Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs Committees
• Current Executive Board member (Secretary) of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association; will serve as President in 2018
• One of two Georgia BUILD PAC Trustees
• Certified Professional Home Builder – the Greater Atlanta HBA’s certification program