As the home building industry rebounds, builders and developers are looking for qualified salespeople. The Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP) is a mid-level designation that will help you manage the sales and marketing function of a new home community and boost your career.
Curriculum and Other Requirements (effective November 2014)
- Have three years of new home sales and marketing experience
- Successfully complete the two required IRM courses, each of which have an online and a classroom component:
- Principles of Residential Marketing: Research & Analysis
- Principles of Residential Marketing: Strategy & Implementation
- Professional Experience
- Professional License and Designations
- Industry Service and Recognition
- Professional Education
Complete the online application for CMP Candidates or complete the print version and submit with supporting documentation.
For your convenience, you can apply online for both the CMP and MIRM designations by visiting nahb.org/apply4MIRM. To be eligible for the MIRM, you also must submit your marketing case study by Nov. 1, 2019.
- Online Course Fees
- $199 Member
- $299 Non-member
- In-Person Course Fees: determined by HBA or other licensed NAHB Education provider
- Profile Fees
- Premium Option: Kit may be purchased online or via print application (Includes customized plaque, lapel pin and ribbon)
- $145 NSMC member
- $218 Non-NSMC member
- Standard Option: Downloadable designation certificate
- $75 NSMC member
- $110 Non-NSMC member
- Annual Renewal Fees
- $55 NSMC member
- $83 Non-NSMC member
Continuing Education Requirements
- Complete 10 hours of continuing education every three years from industry-related educational activities. Designees are not required to send in proof of CE earned at time of renewal. If they are chosen for a random audit, NAHB will contact them directly and ask for the proof of CE at that time.