This two-day course instructs builders and remodelers on proper building science techniques for constructing and remodeling high-performance homes. The high-performance ideal encompasses more than just energy efficiency—it’s about potentially creating a more durable, environmentally responsible and sustainable living environment. By using case studies, detailed construction drawings and other resources found on GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, NAHB and BuildingGreen, LLC have developed this course to provide builders and remodelers with the highest-level information available.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply building physics to building performance
- Translate building science into elements of design and construction
- Dovetail all features of high performance: energy efficiency, water efficiency, materials efficiency and indoor environmental quality
- Describe the high-performance home and its benefits to both your team and your clients
- Use all aspects of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, including “My GBA,” the site’s project management tool, on individual projects and with your project team.
Continuing Education Hours: 12.0
Designations: Master CGP
Continuing Education Credits: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
Browse a list of current course offerings for this course.
If you’d like to see this course offered locally, contactyour home builders association.