This award recognizes an NAHB builder member serving on the Construction Management, Industry Advisory Board at a university/college. Construction is a practice-oriented profession, therefore it is necessary for the construction industry to be actively involved in an advisory role. Student and industry relations is a vital part of the student’s educational experience through field trips, guest speakers, internships and the industry helping to shape classroom curriculum. Application information coming soon.
Alan Scott (left) is awarded the 2018 Industry Advisory Board Member of the Year at the 2019 Student Chapters Awards Ceremony for his work with Michigan State University.
Industry Advisory Board Member of the Year Winners:
- 2018: Alan Scott, Alan F. Scott, Inc. Development Co. and Michigan State University
- 2017: Tim Ruth, McCreedy Ruth Construction and Kirkwood Community College
- 2016: Karen Schroeder, Michigan State University
- 2015: Stan Poff, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- 2014: David Hacker, University of North Florida