The Home Builders Association of Tennessee (HBAT) is seeking an executive director to lead a statewide 2,000+ member nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the home building industry.
The organization is part of a three-tier federation consisting of national, state and local associations.
The Executive Vice President (EVP) serves as the chief executive of the trade association in accordance with the Association Charter, By-Laws, and its policies and directives, having responsibility, under the direction of the Senior Officers, for the active management of the affairs of the Association. This position recommends and participates in the formulation of new policies as directed and makes decisions within the existing policies as approved by the Executive Committee and/or Board of Directors. The Executive Vice President reports directly to the Senior Officers and will seek their counsel and advice in the spirit of open communication.
- Administrative: The EVP serves as the executive manager and a spokesperson for a 60 year-old (in 2020), 501(c) 6 nonprofit organization. This person is accountable to a five-member committee of senior officers whose members are elected by a 100+ member board of directors. The executive director supervises a staff ranging from 1 to 4 persons.
- Legislative: The EVP serves as the primary liaison between the HBAT and the Tennessee Legislature including monitoring legislation and political actions which could impact the interest of the Association and its members. The EVP would assume the role of HBAT’s active lobbyist as well as managing any contract lobbyists.
- Financial: Under the direction of the Executive Committee and the guidance of the Finance Committee the EVP is responsible for the management and implementation of all financial issues and the development of the annual budget for consideration by the Board of Directors.
- Membership: The EVP is to promote membership interest and active participation in the Association’s activities and programs. This is achieved by communicating with the membership on a regular basis regarding programs and resources along with conducting on-site visits to the member’s office. Open communication is encouraged with the membership to settle any potential grievances and foster goodwill towards the Association.
- Other Duties: This job summary in no way states or implies the duties listed are the only duties to be performed by the EVP. The Executive Committee and/or Board of Directors may establish other job-related duties for this position.
To apply for consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Mr. James Franks, President
Home Builders Association of Tennessee
213 5th Ave N #200
Nashville, TN 37219
Please mark as “Personal and Confidential”
Should you desire to submit your information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.