The Nationals is now accepting entries in more than 60 categories to recognize the best sales, marketing and design in the new home building industry.
When you enter The Nationals, you join the best and the brightest in new home sales and marketing and have the opportunity to gain national publicity and prestige.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare a winning Nationals entry:
- Categories: Review the categories and requirements to enter. Choose which categories to enter early and apply to receive your entry numbers so you can include them with your entry materials. Don’t wait until the deadline; procrastinating will create a lot of pressure.
- Photography: Get the best you can afford. Photography does not win the award; however, bad photography can hurt your entry. All images should be saved at a resolution of 1800 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high (or reverse for vertical images, if appropriate for the subject). The total size of each file will be approximately six megabytes. Save all images as JPEG files at 300dpi, at the highest quality. The cosmetic removal of construction or environmental challenges, such as power lines, construction, traffic or reflections, is acceptable.
- Marketing statements: Write concise, to-the-point statements to complement the photographs in your entry. Point out challenges to the project and strategies used to overcome them. Discuss elements in the photos submitted. Stay away from referencing elements not visible in the photos. For example, do not reference the adorable little girl’s room, if a photo of the room is not available.
- Know your audience: The judges are professionals in the new home building industry. Write and present your materials as a professional project. Avoid consumer-focused language that might be better in a sales brochure.
- Community of the Year entries: To be considered, you must enter at least one of the following categories: Logo, Brochure, Website or Signage, Sales Office, Landscape, Interiors and Architectural Design. In addition, to be considered as Multifamily Community of the Year or Detached Community of the Year, entrants must also enter the Sales/Leasing Center, Landscape Design, Interior Merchandising and Architecture categories. To be considered in the Master Planned Community of the Year category, the community must also be entered in at least one of the following categories: Sales/Leasing Center, Welcome Center or Clubhouse.
Gold and silver award winners will be announced at the annual National Sales and Marketing Awards Gala during the International Builders' Show in Las Vegas. Go to TheNationals.com to enter today!