NAHB PWB Award winners receive national recognition in NAHB media outlets and monetary contributions to give scholarships to local high school and college students who are pursuing careers and education in home building, residential construction, utility trades or other areas that support the home building industry.
Scholarships and grants are funded through the Building Hope Scholarship Fund. The fund honors Hope Bettilyon, the first president of the NAHB Ladies Auxiliary in 1955, now the NAHB Professional Women in Building Council.
Winning entries also will be featured in Building Women magazine and the We-Connect e-newsletter circulated to NAHB Professional Women in Building members.
Award recipients will be announced and honored during the NAHB PWB Awards Luncheon held during the International Builders' Show. Additional benefits include the following.
Council and Individual Awards
- Receive up to $600 in each council project and/or individual leadership award category.
- NAHB PWB will provide sample press releases to each council and individual winner to promote their award-winning status so they can share their accomplishments with local media and news outlets.
- Councils that apply for two or more council projects are automatically eligible to win the Outstanding Council of the Year award in their respective council size category.
- Member travel grant recipients are recognized and awarded a stipend during the NAHB Professional Women in Building luncheon held during the International Builders' Show.
- Women of the Future education grant recipients are reimbursed up to $500 for eligible continuing education related to the building/housing industry.
PWB Spike Membership Recruitment Awards
- PWB Spike recipients are celebrated during the Insinkerator-sponsored reception held during the International Builders' Show.
- Receive up to $500 in each Spike category that can be used to support a local high school or college student and/or a PWB member continuing or pursuing education in the building/housing industry.