The Global Innovation Award annually recognizes the most cutting-edge, advanced and original product offerings and/or marketing strategies submitted by:
- Global member companies (a company outside of the United States) that offer products and/or services from developers, builders, subcontractors, remodelers and lenders to the building industry in the United States
- Multinational or domestic member companies that offer products and/or services from developers, builders, subcontractors, remodelers and lenders to the building industry outside of the United States
2018 Global Innovation Award Winners Announced at 2019 IBS
2018 Global Innovation Award Winners & Finalists
Virtual reality model home tours, anti-slip tile decking, 3-D interior design software and a high-efficiency one-room heating and cooling system all were winners in the 2018 Global Innovation Awards. Representatives for all four products were honored at the 2019 NAHB International Builders' Show® in Las Vegas. The winning products offer home builders new options for building more sustainable, efficient and comfortable homes, as well as unique ways to plan and sell them to buyers.
See more pictures from the Global Innovation Awards ceremony at the 2019 NAHB International Builders' Show® in Las Vegas.
Read more about the 2018 GIA finalists and winners.
2019 Global Innovation Awards
Applications for the 2019 awards program will open June 3. Please be sure to check back for instructions on submitting your application.
Learn more about the benefits of receiving a Global Innovation Award.
Judging Criteria & Guidelines
Award recipients will be graded based on the following six criteria:
- Innovation. Product and/or service is new (never been offered) or significantly changed (would be deemed a game-changer in its product class).
- Functionality. Product and/or service is easy to use, a go-to for builder and/or consumers.
- Good Design. Product has clean lines and is attractive for its purpose.
- Builder/Consumer Friendly. Product and/or service will help the builder solve a specific issue, add to their bottom line, and/or solve a specific problem for the consumer.
- Sustainability. Product and/or service will help consumers achieve sustainability and energy efficiency goals.
- Unique Marketing Approach. Product and/or service has been successfully marketed in a unique way.
An independent panel of judges will select the winning products or services based on these six criteria from all the entries. Judges will look for the best combination of design, functionality, innovation and usefulness.