January 20, 2016
LAS VEGAS - The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today announced the winners of its Best in Green Awards at a ceremony during the International Builders’ Show.
These green awards have been incorporated into many of NAHB’s other honors, including the Best in American Living Awards, The Nationals, Best of 55+ Housing Awards, Pillars of the Industry Awards and Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence. Winners of any green or sustainable award in any of these programs were automatically entered into contention for a Best in Green Award.
“This year’s group of winners truly represents the best of environmentally friendly building and remodeling,” said NAHB Chairman Tom Woods, a home builder and developer in Blue Springs, Mo. “Not only are these homes and spaces beautifully designed, but they also demonstrate many of the most resource-efficient and innovative sustainable, high-performance building practices available.”
This year’s winners included:
- Best in Green Single-Family Production Home: The Kingfisher, Schell Brothers Construction, Middletown, Del.
- Best in Green Single-Family Custom Home: Lotus on Orange, Josh Wynne Construction, Sarasota, Fla.
- Best in Green Multifamily Project: 888 San Mateo, Sares Regis Group of Northern California
- San Mateo, Calif.
- Best in Green Development: New Rainier Vista, Dwell Development, Seattle
- Best in Green System-Built Home: Old Faithful Employee Housing, Wyoming, Guerdon Modular Buildings
- Best in Green Young Professional of the Year: Karen Benner, Maryland
Additional information about the Best in Green awards can be found at www.nahb.org/bigawards.