If you want to become an NAHB Approved Instructor to teach NAHB education courses or if you are already approved but want to teach additional courses, you may apply online.
To apply, you must meet following instructor requirements:
- Complete the course(s) for which you are applying to teach*
- Complete NAHB’s Train the Trainer course*
- If you have previously taught a NAHB Education course, have a minimum instructor rating of 4.5
Please Note: If your instructor status has lapsed, please contact email@example.com for information on reinstatement.
If you meet all requirements, apply online for the following designations and relevant courses:
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) – Marketing and Communications Strategies for Aging and Accessibility (CAPS I), Design/Build Solutions for Aging and Accessibility (CAPS II) and Details and Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS III)
- Certified Graduate Associate (CGA), Certified Graduate Builder (CGB), Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), Graduate Master Builder (GMB) and Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR) – Required courses and approved electives for these designations, including Business Management for Building Professionals
- Certified Green Professional™ (CGP) – Green Building for Building Professionals
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
- Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) – Advanced Green Building: Building Science and Advanced Green Building Project Management
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) – Built to Sell: The Partnership of Marketing and Design, Effective Marketing on a Shoestring Budget, Essential Closing Strategies, Home Technology Integration, House Construction as a Selling Tool, Increased Profits Through Effective Builder/Broker Cooperation and Multicultural Sales Techniques
- Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP) & Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) – Principles of Residential Marketing: Research and Analysis Classroom; Principles of Residential Marketing: Strategy and Implementation (Classroom)
- Universal Design/Build
- NEW Live Online Instructor Application. NAHB offers several live online courses every year and needs experienced classroom and online instructors to conduct the courses. Current course content is broken into two-hour modules delivered one day per week for three or six successive weeks, depending on the length of the course.
After processing your application, NAHB Education will forward it to the appropriate Instructor Review Group, comprised of experienced industry professionals. This group will review your application and all support materials to determine if you are qualified to teach NAHB education courses.
Once your application is approved, you must review and agree to the terms in the 2018 NAHB Instructor Guidelines.
Please email NAHB Instructor Services for more information or any instructor-related questions or call 800-368-5242 x8445.