The Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) designation is the highest achievement for new home sales and marketing professionals. Earning the MIRM designation sets you apart from the competition and increases your marketability because it demonstrates commitment to continued industry knowledge and professionalism.
Curriculum and Other Requirements (effective November 2014)
- Have at least three years of new home sales and marketing experience
- Successfully complete the two required IRM courses, each of which have an online and a classroom component:
- Write a case study that demonstrates your overall marketing expertise
- Earn 50 elective credits from these five categories
- Professional Experience
- Professional License and Designations
- Industry Service and Recognition
- Professional Education
Complete the online application for MIRM Candidates or complete the print version and submit all materials by Nov. 1, 2018.
For your convenience, you can apply online for both the CMP and MIRM designations by visiting nahb.org/apply4MIRM. To be eligible for the MIRM, you also must submit your marketing case study by Nov. 1, 2018.
- Online Course Fees:
- $199 Member
- $299 Non-member
- In-Person Course Fees: Determined by HBA or other licensed NAHB Education provider
- Profile Fees:
- Premium Option: Kit may be purchased online or via print application (Includes customized plaque, lapel pin and ribbon)
- $145 NSMC member
- $218 non-NSMC member
- Standard Option: Downloadable designation certificate
- $75 NSMC member
- $110 non-NSMC member
- Annual Renewal Fees:
- $65 NSMC member
- $98 non-NSMC member
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education every three years from industry-related educational activities. Designees are not required to send in proof of CE earned at time of renewal. If they are chosen for a random audit, NAHB will contact them directly and ask for the proof of CE at that time.