Workers falling from the structure, roof, ladder and scaffolding continue to be the leading cause of injuries and fatalities in the residential construction industry. This training program will help employees and employers identify and avoid fall hazards encountered during home building operations, the prevention of falls, solutions to protect against and arrest falls, and the rescue of a fallen worker. As a participant in this training, you will be able to:
- Recognize common fall hazards in residential construction.
- Identify when fall protection is required.
- Determine which protection system to use for a given fall hazard.
- Understand the key requirements and basic safety practices for each protection system.
- Understand the safety requirements and practices for ladders and scaffolding.
NAHB education designation holders earn four hours of continuing education credit for successful completion of this training.
This training program was produced under a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration by the Job-Site Safety Institute in partnership with NAHB. It is available in English or Spanish.
Browse a list of current locations offering this course.
If you’d like to see this course offered at your HBA, contact us.
Are you an HBA hosting a training? Get marketing materials here.
View the course training materials.