Workers falling from the structure, roof, ladder and scaffolding continues to be the leading cause of injuries and fatalities in the residential construction industry. This training program will focus on assisting both employees and employers in identifying and avoiding fall hazards encountered during home building operations; the prevention of falls; solutions to protect against and arrest falls; and the rescue of a fallen worker. As a participant in this training, you will be able to:
- Recognize common fall hazards in residential construction.
- Identify when fall protection is required.
- Determine which protection system to use for a given fall hazard.
- Understand the key requirements and basic safety practices for each protection system.
- Understand the safety requirements and practices for ladders and scaffolding.
Continuing Education Hours: 4.0
This training program was produced under a grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in the U.S. Department of Labor, by the Job-Site Safety Institute (JSI) in partnership with NAHB. It is available in English or Spanish.
Browse a list of current locations offering this course. *Coming soon!
If you’d like to see this course offered locally, at your home builders association, contact us.
HBA’s hosting a training? Get marketing materials here. *Materials coming soon!