Identify opportunities to build and diversify your business. This course examines more than twenty-five different opportunities within the construction industry that are ideal for expansion. Explore the different approaches and options diversification allows including commercial building, remodeling, special use structures and institutional projects. You'll analyze the factors that affect success in diversification and learn the due diligence steps to take when preparing to diversify.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the concept of diversification and identify its related benefits and risks
- Identify types of businesses that provide diversification opportunities for builders, remodelers, residential contractors and small commercial contractors
- Consider aspects of each diversification opportunity before selecting it as a viable option
- Determine whether diversification is a desirable option
- Identify due diligence that should be performed once an area of diversification is chosen
Continuing Education Hours: 6.0
Continuing Education Credits: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
Browse a list of current course offerings
for this course.