This course builds on the CAPS I & II courses (which are prerequisites) by introducing design solution techniques, innovative products and best practices for product installation for CAPS professionals to use when creating livable spaces in which to age in place. Participants will engage in hands-on activities from real case studies to apply material learned in all CAPS courses.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Create comprehensive designs for aging in place projects.
- Become familiar with available innovative and specialized products.
- Practice design and installation for key components of in AIP home design.
- Implement techniques of budget integration into design and product selection
- Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
- Review and apply solutions for common single-room modifications cases
- Identify common installation considerations for modifications of a specified space.
- Prioritize solutions in a whole house multi-generational case study while being compliant with budgetary constraints with consideration given to phased construction application.
- Prioritize individual tasks relative to a projects budget and urgency.
Please contact Paul Tingler at email@example.com for more details. Search current session offerings for this course.
Who Should Take This Course?
Builders, remodelers, vendors, manufacturers, architects, designers, real estate professionals, health industry professionals, government personnel and the academic community will all benefit.
This course is a requirement to earn the CAPS designation. Business Management for Building Professionals will be approved as a required course if taken prior to Jan. 1, 2018. For more details, visit How to Earn Your CAPS.
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, GMR, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
Additional Credit Information
This course earns 6 CE from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and the American Institute for Architects (AIA).