Build your housing industry expertise by learning about the residential construction process from the ground up! Those in housing and construction-related fields, like vendors, suppliers, brokers, retailers, builder/remodeler company staff, REALTORs® and others will learn what it takes to build or remodel a home. With that knowledge, you will learn how to build more effective and profitable relationships with the builders and remodelers you work with. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe product types, current trends and stakeholders in the residential construction industry
- Contrast and elaborate on the sales and marketing functions of the residential construction industry
- Articulate the criticality and complexity of land acquisition and development
- Outline types of financial tools available to support building and remodeling projects
- Assess strategies to strengthen the relationship between suppliers and builders/remodelers
- Explain the critical path of steps in the residential construction process
- Describe the importance of post-construction activities: closing, customer care and after-the-sale service
This course is also available online. While the core content is the same as that of the in-person course, the dynamic online version is delivered in audio and/or video formats. It contains on-screen text, downloadable resources, a transcript of the course and a discussion forum where you can pose questions, share perspectives and enhance what you’ve learned. The online course offers the flexibility of taking it when you want and at your own pace. You have one year to complete the course and take the exam. NAHB requires that you score at least 70% on the test in order to receive your completion certificate.
This course is now available online! Register now.
Continuing Education Hours: 6.0
Designations: CGA,CGP,Master CSP
Continuing Education Credits: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
Browse a list of current course offerings for this course.