NAHB Student Competition: Secondary Programs
York County School of Technology accepting their first place trophy at the 2017 Awards Ceremony in Orlando, FL.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Sept. 5, 2017 Problem Description Posted
Sept. 18, 2017 *COACHES ONLY Webinar 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EST
Oct. 13, 2017 Competition Registration Closes
Oct. 18, 2017 *Student Competition Webinar w. Project Sponsors 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EST
Oct. 31, 2017 NHE IBS Travel Scholarship Application Deadline
Nov. 17, 2017 Team Roster Due
Dec. 8, 2017 PROJECT DEADLINE
Jan. 8-9, 2018 NAHB Student Competition Presentation in Orlando
Jan. 10, 2018 NAHB Student Chapters Awards Ceremony
*All webinars are optional and a recording will be posted to the website afterwards.
- Question Board: All competition-related questions posted in our new Google Group will be answered by the competition’s consultants.
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams.
- DEWALT Construction Estimating Complete Handbook, 2nd Edition
- DEWALT Construction Safety and OSHA Handbook, 1st Edition
- DEWALT 2015 Residential Construction Codes: Complete Handbook
- DEWALT Contractor's Forms and Letters, 2nd Edition
- Associate & Secondary Programs 2017 Judges Debrief Video
2017 NAHB Student Competition Winners
- First Place: York County School of Technology (PA)
- Second Place: Shelby Count High School (KY)
- Third Place: Shadow Ridge High School – Team One (AZ)
2018 Project Sponsored By: