The executive officer serves as the executive director of SFAHBA, located at 2520 Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507 Suite B. The person holding this position functions as a dedicated and enthusiastic association manager, and is responsible for day-to-day association leadership, member services, management, finance, staff supervision and oversight of the SFAHBA offices and facilities.
The executive officer, together with the president, represents SFAHBA and serves as a resource to the Board, Executive Committee and other Boards and Committees, Councils and the membership. The position reports to the Executive Committee, assists in budget planning, implements Board policies and directions, and oversees compliance with workplace laws and regulations.
- Coordinates and implements the Association’s Bylaws, as well as, Board and Executive Committee policies and procedures and is responsible for overseeing SFAHBA's day-to-day administration. Directs and is responsible for understanding and defining the administrative staff roles and responsibilities.
- Directs and is responsible for the day to day operations of SFAHBA’s building and property. Coordinates and develops working relations with local, state and federal officials based on SFAHBA policies with professionalism, respect, honesty and trust. Coordinates and assists in association fundraising, which includes development of additional sources of non-dues revenue such as the Home Show, Parade of Homes, Golf Tournament, and other activities.
- Coordinates and guides association legislative services which include providing general direction and supervision to the governmental affairs committee and serving as a legislative liaison, as required, representing the association’s views and for assuring the Board’s awareness of local, state and national issues that might require action on the part of the association and its committees.
- Coordinates and leads association membership development and marketing and is responsible for matters such as directing the efforts of the association advertising activities, marketing association services and benefits to existing and prospective members, development of additional services and benefits, and for membership publications, newsletters, and other communications.
- Monitors and evaluates day-to-day association activities, takes actions to maintain association goals and program compliance, and provides ongoing reports and communications to President, Board, and Executive Committee. Maintain positive relationships with members. Attends and participates, as appropriate, NMHBA and NAHB meetings and events.
- Directs and provides effective association leadership and serves as a resource to the Board and Executive Committee on matters such as policies, goals, objectives, legislation, affiliate relations, member services and recruitment. Directs and is responsible for continuing development and supervision of the administrative staff including recommending hiring, training, evaluation, compensation, benefits, termination, promotion, holding weekly staff meetings, and other personnel functions.
- Facilitates and provides liaison and staff support to association councils and committees as required. Assists the Treasurer and Executive Committee to develop the annual budget and oversees adherence to the approved budget and financial operations. Responsible for overseeing association functions and events such as an Annual Home Show, Golf Tournament, and Parade of Homes. Responsible for facilitating membership building, retention and management of membership services.
- Compliance in government reporting, records, enforcing bylaws, state/national requirements. With Board direction, represents SFAHBA and serves as administrative spokesperson for the organization within the community and to local city and county councils and commissions, as well as state and national association meetings as required.
- At least five years supervisory and/or management experience. Familiarity with building industry and non-profit association management functions desirable. Administrative, management, supervisory, human resources, and budget skills. Enthusiastic and dedicated support of the goals of the organization with elected and appointed leaders in an honest, effective, and constructive manner.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication, computer, internet, and professional presentation skills. Highly developed project and event management skills and the ability to direct lengthy and complex projects.
Competitive/DOE Benefits: health insurance; paid vacation and sick leave This job is intended to be a full-time.
- Email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Resumes should be received no later than September 30, 2018.
- Applicants will be contacted only if scheduled for an interview.
Our hope is to identify final candidates before Thanksgiving 2018, and fill the position by early January 2019.
Executive Officer, Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association