The Nationals is now accepting entries in nearly 60 categories to recognize the best sales, marketing and design in the new home building industry.
When you enter The Nationals, you join the best and the brightest in new home sales and marketing and have the opportunity to gain national publicity and prestige.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare a winning Nationals entry:
- Categories: Review the categories and requirements to enter. Choose which categories to enter early and apply to receive your entry numbers so you can include them with your entry materials. Don’t wait until the deadline; procrastinating will create a lot of pressure.
- Photography: Get the best you can afford. Photography does not win the award; however, bad photography can hurt your entry. All images should be saved at a resolution of 1800 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high (or reverse for vertical images, if appropriate for the subject). The total size of each file will be approximately six megabytes. Save all images as JPEG files at 300dpi, at the highest quality. The cosmetic removal of construction or environmental challenges, such as power lines, construction, traffic or reflections, is acceptable.
- Marketing statements: Write concise, to-the-point statements to complement the photographs in your entry. Point out challenges to the project and strategies used to overcome them. Discuss elements in the photos submitted. Stay away from referencing elements not visible in the photos. For example, do not reference the adorable little girl’s room, if a photo of the room is not available.
- Know your audience: The judges are professionals in the new home building industry. Write and present your materials as a professional project. Avoid consumer-focused language that might be better in a sales brochure.
- Community of the Year entries: To be considered for the 2015 Community of the Year award, you must enter the following categories: Logo, Brochure, Signage, Sales Office, Landscape, Interiors and Architectural Design. To be eligible for Master Planned Community of the Year award, you must enter the following categories: Logo, Brochure, Website, Signage, Sales Office or Clubhouse and Landscape.
Gold and silver award winners will be announced at the annual National Sales and Marketing Awards Gala during the International Builders' Show in Las Vegas. Go to TheNationals.com to enter today!