The 2019 Global Innovation Awards Program
NAHB's Global Innovation Award (GIA) honors the most innovative projects, products and services disrupting the global residential building industry. NAHB GIA winners represent the cutting-edge contributions that continue to push the housing industry to new limits. From new augmented reality technology to ultra-efficient HVAC units and everything in between, there's a place for you.
If you are seeking a platform and a voice to expand your dream into a global reality, now is the opportunity to 'Share Your Dream with the World.' NAHB welcomes you to submit a unique project, product or service that your company has launched within the industry to the GIA program. NAHB will recognize and promote the winning innovations through a variety of channels.
Learn more about the benefits of receiving a GIA.
The application period for the 2019 GIA program is now closed. Award finalists will be announced at the end of the year and the winners will be honored at the 2020 International Builders' Show in Las Vegas.
Please be sure to check back in spring 2020 to learn how you can enter a submission for future GIA programs.
2018 Global Innovation Award Winners Announced at 2019 IBS
2018 Global Innovation Award Winners & Finalists
Read more about the 2018 GIA finalists and winners.
Judging Criteria & Guidelines
Award recipients will be graded based on the following six criteria:
- Innovation. Product and/or service is new (never been offered) or significantly changed (would be deemed a game-changer in its product class).
- Functionality. Product and/or service is easy to use, a go-to for builder and/or consumers.
- Good Design. Product has clean lines and is attractive for its purpose.
- Builder/Consumer Friendly. Product and/or service will help the builder solve a specific issue, add to their bottom line, and/or solve a specific problem for the consumer.
- Sustainability. Product and/or service will help consumers achieve sustainability and energy efficiency goals.
- Unique Marketing Approach. Product and/or service has been successfully marketed in a unique way.
An independent panel of judges will select the winning products or services based on these six criteria from all the entries. Judges will look for the best combination of design, functionality, innovation and usefulness.