The Global Innovation Award annually recognizes the most cutting-edge, advanced and original product offerings and/or marketing strategies submitted by:
- Global member companies (a company outside of the United States) that offer products and/or services from developers, builders, subcontractors, remodelers and lenders to the building industry in the United States
- Multinational or domestic member companies that offer products and/or services from developers, builders, subcontractors, remodelers and lenders to the building industry outside of the United States
Learn more about the benefits of receiving a Global Innovation Award.
To participate, please submit an entry application for each eligible product or service. You must sign in with your nahb.org password (or create one) to complete and submit the application.
The entry fee is $100. Entry fees for those who apply between June 11-Aug. 3 are waived. Participants must either be a NAHB Global Member or a domestic member doing business globally. If you are not a Global Member, you may join now. The awards application process closes Nov. 9, 2018. The information provided will be used by the judges to select a winner, and so NAHB Global can promote the award. Award recipients will be announced at the 2019 International Builders' Show in Las Vegas.
Judging Criteria & Guidelines
Award recipients will be graded based on the following six criteria:
- Innovation. Product and/or service is new (never been offered) or significantly changed (would be deemed a game-changer in its product class).
- Functionality. Product and/or service is easy to use, a go-to for builder and/or consumers.
- Good Design. Product has clean lines and is attractive for its purpose.
- Builder/Consumer Friendly. Product and/or service will help the builder solve a specific issue, add to their bottom line, and/or solve a specific problem for the consumer.
- Sustainability. Product and/or service will help consumers achieve sustainability and energy efficiency goals.
- Unique Marketing Approach. Product and/or service has been successfully marketed in a unique way.
An independent panel of judges will select the winning products or services based on these six criteria from all the entries. Judges will look for the best combination of design, functionality, innovation and usefulness.