A nominee must be an active NAHB member and a custom home builder who builds one-of-a-kind homes on unique building sites for specific customers. The builder must also demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and be active in the local community.
We will also recognize an additional award category, the “One to Watch Award” for members under 40. This award will honor an up-and-coming custom home builder for his or her:
- Creativity and innovation in developing new ideas
- Leadership in the home building industry
- Contributions to the local, state and/or national associations
Candidates can be self-nominated, nominated by a colleague, or nominated by an HBA executive officer. If the entry form is not submitted by the HBA/BIA executive officer or chapter president, the nominator is encouraged to include their name and contact information in the appropriate space on the entry form.
Applications must be submitted by Oct. 31, 2018. Please note that the award recipient is required to attend the event. While it is the practice of the Custom Home Builders Committee not to announce the award recipient prior to the presentation ceremony, staff will work with the recipient’s office to ensure they attend the event.
For more information about the awards program, contact Marcia Childs at 800-368-5242 x8388.
Being named the NAHB Custom Home Builder of the Year and One to Watch comes with great benefits. To name a few:
- Peer and national recognition as the newest “NAHB Custom Home Builder of the Year” and “One to Watch”
- A professional video featuring the award winners during the award presentation
- A beautiful display trophy
- Profile stories and mentions in NAHB news publications and digital media