Applications for the BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in Marketing and Home Design and the BSC Specialty Awards can be accessed through the new NAHB Awards platform. Users may enter information all at once, or over the course of several days, through their application portal. Save money by submitting your application prior to the early bird deadline on July 27. The awards portal closes Aug. 25. Please remember, all payments are final.
BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in Home Design
These awards recognize the best structures in systems-built housing. Each award category reflects the unique nature of the building techniques (log, timber frame, modular, panelized and concrete) represented by the Building Systems Councils.
All types of construction, including single-family, multifamily and commercial buildings are eligible to compete. Qualified projects must have been built in the last 24 months. Entries that have been submitted for previous years’ competitions are not permitted. Manufacturers and builders of log, timber frame, panelized, concrete and modular homes are eligible to be recognized. To win, the criteria for entry as outlined below must be met.
Criteria for Entry
- A completed Excellence in Home Design online application form and payment.
- A Project Statement of the home/project, highlighting any outstanding features or similarly pertinent information that will assist the judges in the evaluation process. Please also include a description of the amount and level of customization performed after the home was assembled on site.
- Complete set of floor plans or schematics.
- Exterior photography of at least the front and rear elevations of the home.
- Interior photography of important design features and other elements that will help the judges get a complete picture of the home.
Award Categories. Individual awards are presented for log, timber frame, modular and panelized homes in the following categories:
- Less than 2,000 square feet
- 2,001 – 3,000 square feet
- 3,001 – 4,000 square feet
- More than 4,000 square feet
A single award is distributed across all manufacturing disciplines for multifamily and commercial buildings.
BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in Marketing
These awards recognize outstanding efforts made to promote homes, products and services within the building systems community.
Eligible Projects & Guidelines.The BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in Marketing recognize projects in the following categories. To win, the criteria for entry as outlined below must be met:
- Print Ads. Entries may include any single printed advertisement. An accompanying marketing statement should include advertisement’s target audience, placement and role in an overall marketing strategy.
- Brochure. A printed piece of any size or length that markets systems built construction to consumers or a product/service to the building systems community. An accompanying marketing statement should include the target audience and marketing strategy.
- Presentation of Home Plans. This category does not evaluate the plans themselves, but the promotional materials used to illustrate a manufacturer’s home design options. Any materials used to market home plans (either to builders or consumers), including any digital and/or print collateral or plan books, may be entered into this category.
- Social Media Outreach. Innovative use of social media outlets such but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or custom applications designed to communicate with consumers. May be a stand-alone effort or part of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Entries will be judged on content, engagement and creativity.
- Website. Companies submitting a website must send the URL and a screen shot, plus a detailed description of the design, functionality and target audience(s).By guiding the judges through your site’s key features, they will be able to conduct a more thorough assessment of the site.
BSC Specialty Awards
The council’s specialty awards recognize a BSC home manufacturing, builder, associate and young professional member of the year for their dedication to the association, professional achievements and passion to advance the systems-built housing industry.
Eligibility. Candidates must hold an active NAHB and BSC membership* at the time of nomination. If the nominee does not have an active NAHB and BSC membership, the nomination will not be considered.
*Nominees for the One to Watch award aren’t required to hold their own NAHB/BSC membership, but their place of business must be enrolled in both.
Criteria. Nominees will be judged on the following factors:
- Business practices
- Contributions to the systems built housing industry
- Innovation, including the uniqueness of products, services or programs
- Involvement with NAHB and BSC
- Awards and honors received during the last calendar year
Please contact the BSC with questions.