The NAHB 55+ Housing Industry Council Best of 55+ Housing Awards is the industry's only national awards program honoring excellence in building design, marketing and lifestyles in housing for the mature adult. The awards also honor individual successes by Builder or Associate 55+ Council members.
How to Enter
Applications must submitted through the online system. Thoroughly read and follow instructions carefully. The online application system closes at midnight at the beginning of the specified due date. The system is open until 11:59 p.m. ET of the preceding day's date.
- General applications accepted beginning May 1.
- Late applications accepted beginning Aug. 16 (additional fee $50.00 per application).
- Aug. 15, 2017. To ensure a timely submission, please submit no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 14, 2017.
Late Submissions Due:
- Aug. 22, 2017. With paid late fee, please submit no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 21, 2017.
- Sept. 28, 2017. A complete list of finalists may be viewed on NAHB.org at this link.
Award Winners Ceremony:
- Award winners are announced and presented at the International Builders' Show on Tues., Jan. 9, 2018. Tickets may be purchased beginning Sept. 1.
The Best of 55+ Housing Awards categories are grouped under five primary groups:
- 55+ Architectural Design
- 55+ Interior Design
- 55+ Marketing
- 55+ Lifestyle
- 55+ Builder or Associate Awards
*To submit for a builder or associate award that company MUST be a current NAHB 55+ Housing Industry Council member.
55+ Community of the Year
Gold winners for the community categories in 55+ Architecture Design are automatically entered for the top prestigious award 55+ Community of the Year, providing the 55+ community meets the criteria.
Applicants may review the categories and descriptions and apply for any category for which they meet the criteria. Applicants should review the eligibility and general entry requirements before applying.
Projects must be completed in the 18 months prior to the application deadline of Aug. 15, 2017.
- Projects must be completed between Jan. 1, 2016 and Aug. 15, 2017
- Projects that previously won a gold award are ineligible to enter again in the category they won.
*Exception: 55+ Builder or Associate of the Year may enter after a waiting period of 2-entry cycles from the winning year.
- Do not include identifying information in the application materials. Awards are judged anonymously.
*Exception: 55+ Builder or Associate category.
- 55+ Housing Industry Council Members: $300 per entry
- NAHB Members: $325 per entry
- Non-Members: $350 per entry
*Late fee - Applicants may purchase a submission extension for $50 per entry. Payment options include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Electronic Check
To receive the member discounted prices you must log in using an NAHB member or 55+ Housing Council member's account information. Contact Lynn Basso at 800-368-5242 x8130 to verify the membership status of the submitter.
- No refunds will be made on entry or late fees.
- No entry fee will be refunded for withdrawn, disqualified, late, or incomplete entries.
- Requests for withdrawal of entry must be submitted in writing.
Are you a member of NAHB? Join the 55+ Housing Industry Council now for $100 to take advantage of additional discounted entry fees. Discounted fees will be available immediately after you become a 55+ Housing Industry Council member. Savings from two or more entries is a great return on your investment.
To apply for NAHB Best of 55+ Housing Awards, please complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Review categories within each category group.
- Step 2: Click "Apply Now" and select a category by clicking "Submit."
- Step 3: If entering multiple categories, click "Add Next Entry."
- Step 4: When finished selecting categories, click "Add to Cart."
- Step 5: Complete secure checkout.
Entry applications are filled out after payment is made. Instructions are included on the confirmation email sent immediately after payment is received. Click here to access purchased award applications.
For more information about this item, please contact Lynn Basso at 800-368-5242 x8130 or via email at email@example.com.