Build with Confidence: Hire a Certified Graduate Builder or Graduate Master Builder

new homeLooking for an experienced builder to handle your project? Consider hiring a Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) and Graduate Master Builder (GMB).

Both educational designations are designed for experienced home builders.

Like membership in your local home builders association, these designations represent a commitment to the home building industry and to professional business practices – as well as a commitment to learning. 

“When looking for a builder, we were worried about picking one with experience and reliability and not just notoriety. Knowing that our builder held the GMB and CGB designations from NAHB helped to put our worries to rest. We got an expert builder and an excellent home.”

CGBs must have at least two years of home building experience and must successfully complete a series of classes specific to the needs of the industry, including business and project management, building technology and safety. In addition, they must demonstrate that they comply with any state or local requirements for workers’ compensation and liability insurance as well hold a contractor or builder’s license if required in your state or area. 

builder and familyThe ultimate symbol of the building professional, the GMB designation is for seasoned builders with at least 10 years of experience. GMBs must successfully complete a demanding curriculum of building industry courses.

GMB courses are more advanced, with in-depth instruction geared toward veteran building professionals. 

Both CGBs and GMBs also must sign their respective Code of Ethics, signifying their commitment to excellence. 

Go to the GMB directory or the CGB directory to find a professional near you. You can search by ZIP code or state. And good luck with your renovation project!