Your New Home And How to Take Care of It: CD - Reviewed by the NAHB Research Center for obtaining certification points under the National Green Building Standard™.
This CD enables you to quickly and accurately develop a homeowner education manual. It also provides step-by-step instructions to customize the template for your unique needs and create a comprehensive homeowner education tool that meets the requirements of the National Green Building Standard™.
The entire National Green Building Standard™ Checklist is included, which allows you to simply check off the practices you included in the home, and delete those that you did not, thus saving you hours of valuable time in manually inputting this information. You'll find customizable text on all 20 of the components listed in Section 1001.1 of the Standard including:
- Local recycling and utility programs
- Compact florescent lighting and light emitting diode lighting
- Energy and water conservation tips
- Local transportation options
- Safety valves and controls for major systems in the home
- Frost-protected shallow foundations
- Local service providers
- Photo record of framing with utilities installed
- Maintenance checklist
- Common hazardous materials list
- Organic pest control, fertilizers, deicers, and cleaning product tips
- Native landscape and other low-water foliage requirements
- Maintaining relative humidity in the home
- Termite inspection instructions
- Gutter and downspout maintenance
Plus a list of additional green resources to help the homeowner maintain the home is included on the CD.