The Certified Green Professional (CGP)™ designation was created to teach building industry professionals strategies for incorporating green building principles into homes using cost-effective and affordable options.
Curriculum and Other Requirements
- High Performance Building for Building Professionals
- Business Management for Building Professionals (online) OR Basics of Building OR hold an NAHB designation
- Have a minimum of two years of building industry experience
- Complete and submit the online CGP graduation application or the print version
- Submit a signed CGP Code of Ethics or agree to the terms electronically
Kit Available Online/Print (Graduation kit includes customized CGP plaque, lapel pin, ribbon and consumer brochures, either “Go Green the Right Way” for builders or “Remodel Your Home Green” for remodelers)
- Members: $145
- Non-members: $218
Available Online Only (Includes downloadable designation certificate and access to online resources to promote and market your CGP designation)
- Members: $75
- Non-members: $110
- Members: $55
- Non-members: $83
Apply online if you have met all CGP requirements.
Continuing Education Requirement
To maintain your CGP designation, you must complete 12 hours of continuing education every three years from building industry-related educational activities. A minimum of eight hours is required to come from green building industry-related educational activities. Designees are not required to send in proof of CE earned at time of renewal. If they are chosen for a random audit, NAHB will contact them directly and ask for the proof of CE at that time.