With more than 850 exhibitors to see — and numerous events and education sessions to attend — the NAHB International Builders’ Show®
(IBS) provides plenty of great choices to fill your time in Orlando. Check out these planning tips to make the most of IBS.
Before: Plan Ahead
During: Prep Each Day
- Register now. Regular registration ends on Feb. 5. Great deals are still available, including special offers for new NAHB members and first-time IBS attendees. Be sure to buy tickets when you register for special events you may want to attend.
- If your schedule allows for it, plan for the full three days of the show. Check out BuildersShow.com for official lodging and travel information.
- Make sure you know what's happening each day and what you plan to see. The IBS website has tools to help you organize your day, including:
- Floor plan maps to navigate the show floor
- Education session search to identify topics, tracks and speakers you want to see
- Exhibitor search to find the booths you want to visit, and
- Communities and Centrals to maximize additional education and networking opportunities.
- Download the IBS app to stay on top of the latest updates and map out your schedule in advance.
- Check out the daily show email before you head out to catch the shuttle services that run to and from NAHB official hotels and the Orange County Convention Center. Also tune in to IBStv for the day's rundown.
- Choose a few education sessions or key events you want to attend, and plan your day around those.
- Stay open to last-minute invitations to events.
- Spend as much time as possible on the exhibit floor between events and education sessions to see what's new in the industry.
- Check out the Official IBS Store powered by BuilderBooks for the latest publications from industry experts.
- Visit the official IBS 2022 show homes, The New American Home® and The New American Remodel®, to see innovative new products and creative, trend-setting designs.
- And don’t forget to have fun!
- Contact new connections and potential business partners to continue the momentum from the show.
- Share the information you learned with your circle of influence to help put lessons learned at IBS into action.
- Make plans to attend IBS 2023.
Not yet registered? Get a jump-start on the planning process and register today at BuildersShow.com
This article originally appeared in the 2022 IBS Pre-Show Planner, produced by SGC Horizon, NAHB's official media partner. Check out the planner for more great tips.