Attendees can get a head start on these educational tools by registering for pre-show education. Ten NAHB Education courses and five Master Workshops are available on Sunday, Feb. 6, and Monday, Feb. 7. These half- and full-day courses give you the opportunity to learn more about a specific industry topic while boosting your skill set.
The full-day pre-show education opportunities on Sunday, Feb. 6, include:
- Project Management Learn project management concepts, plus strategies designed to increase your professionalism and the value you bring to your company and consumers.
- Financial Management Learn how to improve productivity and increase profits by understanding the ins and outs of annual operating plans and budgets, financial reports, forecasting and more.
- Estimating and Scheduling for Profitable Business Operations Gain greater efficiencies and protect profitability by learning the fundamentals of these two critical processes.
- The New Home Sales Professional Examine tips and techniques to help you become the best new home sales professional, including identifying proper goals, organizational skills, ways to analyze the competition and more.
- Business Accounting and Job Costing: A Road Map to Profitability Understand the basics of financial planning, budgeting, construction business accounting, job cost systems and financial options that will enable you to track and analyze costs of goods, overhead and reports/records to be maintained.
- Advanced High Performance Building: Best Practices for Climate Zones Learn building science principles and demonstrate how to cost effectively apply them to increase the efficiency, performance, comfort and durability of new home and remodeling projects for each climate zone.
- Understanding Today’s New Home Buyer Explore the dynamics of personalities, generations and cultures of today’s home buyers as this course examines how different buyer profiles prefer to shop for and buy homes.
- Train the Trainer This one-day course is designed for building industry professionals who wish to teach NAHB educational instructor-led classroom courses; industry experts; or experienced teachers who have had no formal education in training; and any trainers who want a refresher to improve their classroom training skills. You will learn the skills needed to effectively teach in the NAHB Education curriculum. NOTE: Class size is limited to 10 participants.
- Land Development: Getting Started, Business Management & Financing Sunday, Feb. 6, from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Get an introduction to land acquisition and development. Learn strategies for finding land development opportunities for small projects, discuss business structures and more as you gain a balanced perspective on what it takes to develop land.
- Site Planning, Approvals & Construction Monday, Feb. 7, from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Learn about the typical approval and final platting process through a government authority. This course is for individuals who are new to the land development process.
- Leveraging Health, Wellness & High Performance Solutions to Meet Demand 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Explore the design and construction principles of a healthy home in this workshop. Learn how to better apply building science, wellness strategies, and solutions to meet new and existing home owner needs.
- The Power of Dynamic Thinking: Embracing Change as the New Normal 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. A powerhouse panel of industry experts explore the concept of dynamic thinking. Learn how to create a culture of change across your organization that constantly allows for improved operations, competitiveness and profitability.
- Essential Tools for Healthy Business Growth: Building a Foundation for Profitability & Sanity 1 – 4 p.m. Discover the essential skills and foundational tools used to grow your business in a healthy way.
- Marketing Strategies for the Future: Level Out & Level Up 1 – 4 p.m. Industry leaders share in-depth reviews of the most effective (and ineffective) marketing tools out there and how to maximize your investment. Take away a framework of tangible steps for making the best marketing decisions for your company’s future.
- The 2022 Design Charrette: Discuss, Design, Discover 1 – 4 p.m. Small groups work with an experienced architect to explore common pitfalls, discuss changes and design specific solutions during this interactive workshop. Results will be presented to all, allowing you to discover countless new ideas and unique perspectives about today’s top designs.
IBS Education sponsored by: