NAHB awarded $126,000 in legal grants to NAHB members and state and local HBAs at the Fall Leadership Meetings last month in Houston.
Five HBAs and one member received financial assistance from the NAHB Legal Action Fund
to support litigation in local cases that also have interest to the broader home building industry.
- Two grants address municipal and local activist efforts to ban the use of natural gas in housing.
- One case involves the denial of zoning changes that failed to follow the comprehensive plan.
- A federal Clean Water Act standard known as Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) forms the basis of a challenge to a state agency because TMDLs can impact stormwater permitting requirements.
- A case involving housing affordability and Fair Housing Act concerns.
- A defense of a challenge to the National Waters Protection Rule.
Do you have a case that involves an issue that impacts NAHB members? The NAHB Legal Action Committee will next consider Legal Action Fund applications at the 2022 International Builders' Show. Applications are due by Jan. 10, 2022
. Learn more or apply
For more information please contact Lavon Roxbury
or Amy Chai