In less than two weeks NAHB members across the land will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face with federal lawmakers or in a virtual format to discuss critical issues confronting our industry, including soaring lumber prices and supply shortages that are driving up housing costs.
Bringing Housing Home, the premier grassroots event of the year, will take place during the week of May 3. Every NAHB member is encouraged to meet with U.S. representatives and senators in their home districts. These meetings are key to strengthening relationships with lawmakers and keeping the housing industry as a priority in Congress.
State and local home builder association executive leaders are encouraged to choose the meeting style that suits their local association, and follow COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
Lawmakers are also being urged to take action to:
- Reform the nation's housing finance system
- Strengthen the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- Prevent federal intrusion into the energy codes development process
- Create a national flood insurance program that is predictable and affordable
- Craft an infrastructure package that takes housing affordability concerns into account
- Invest in federal vocational job training programs