This post was updated on Feb. 17.
The inaugural NAHB International Builders’ Show® virtual experience (IBSx) brought home building professionals together online last week for top-notch education and networking. Over 6,200 attendees joined live for more than 100 education sessions, 28 construction demos and 36 shop talks.
Additionally, the on-demand education sessions have been viewed more than 6,000 times to date. Most IBSx educational programming will be accessible on-demand to all IBSx registrants through June 30, 2021 on BuildersShow.com. Instructions on how to access the sessions is provided below.
Some of this year’s highlights included:
- Daily general sessions such as the 2021 Housing & Economic Outlook, and 60 Design Ideas in 60 Minutes gave attendees insights about the direction of the industry.
- Keynote Mike Rowe — aka “the dirtiest man on TV” — shared his outlook on workforce development, and closing keynote Dex Torricke-Barton, a former executive at Facebook, Google and SpaceX, discussed his keys to successful business communications.
- The “who’s who” in residential construction shared their insights during more than 100 live and semi-live education sessions within nine industry tracks: Architecture & Design, Building Techniques & Strategies, Business Management, Custom Building & Remodeling, Land Development & Community Design, Multifamily Housing, Project Management, Research & Trends and Sales & Marketing.
- Game Changer keynotes featured three industry thought-leaders who are transforming their companies and the way we think about and address issues critical to housing.
- Demonstrations in the High Performance Building Zone and the new Home Tech Zone showed attendees solutions, tips and best practices from real building projects across the nation.
- Virtual tours of The New American Home® and The New American Remodel® showcased the latest in design trends, product innovations and smart-home technology.
- An inaugural Dealers & Distributors Day on Feb. 10 offered this group of attendees sessions, trend updates and shop talks to help foster business connections and grow sales.
- Engaging Shop Talks allowed attendees to take advantage of opportunities to connect and exchange ideas with other industry pros.
Accessing IBSx Education
IBSx registrants will go to Education & Events on the navigation of BuildersShow.com and click ‘search’ to see a full list of the education sessions. An IBSx registration is required to access to the on-demand education. On the details page of each recorded session, IBSx registrants will use their IBSx confirmation ID and last name to access the videos.
IBSx registration is now closed to new registrants.
Questions? Email IBSx@nahb.org.
Save the date and make plans to join us in Orlando at the 2022 IBS, Feb. 8-10, 2022.