Most home builders, remodelers and trade partners have a specialty they focus on that drives their business forward. But by diversifying offerings, businesses can grow and achieve higher profits.
Discover opportunities to build and diversify your business in NAHB's live online course, Diversification: Capitalizing on New Business Opportunities. Held over two consecutive Tuesdays, Dec. 1 and 8, 1-4 p.m. ET, the course will examine more than 25 different opportunities within the construction industry that are ideal for expansion.
Veteran instructor Tom Stephani, GMB, MIRM, will explore the different options and approaches to diversification, including commercial building, remodeling, special use structures, and institutional projects. The course will analyze the factors that affect success in diversification and learn the due diligence steps to take when preparing to diversify.
What to expect from this live online course:
- Define the concept of diversification and identify its related benefits and risks.
- Identify types of businesses that provide diversification opportunities for builders, remodelers, residential contractors and small commercial contractors.
- Consider aspects of each diversification opportunity before selecting it as a viable option.
- Determine whether diversification is a desirable option.
- Identify due diligence that should be performed once an area of diversification is chosen.