NAHB Young Professionals Week begins Oct. 12. The week is designed to showcase HBA young professional groups and activities, encourage local YP recruitment, and highlight the positive impact that NAHB and HBA membership can have in the early stages of a home building career.
The future leaders of NAHB and the home building industry are young professionals right now. It is critical that they know about the fantastic business tools offered to them by NAHB and their local HBAs.
NAHB Young Professionals
will be hosting a series of free webinars and presentations throughout the week. Check the NAHB YP Facebook Group
for the most current schedule, but here are the virtual events planned for Oct. 12-16:
- Oct. 12, 2 p.m. ET - Webinar: “Starting Your Business, What You Need to Succeed” – Young business owners will discuss what it takes to successfully launch a business in the home building industry and offer tips and tricks that helped them.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/91031879125
Webinar ID: 910 3187 9125
- Oct. 13, 2 p.m. ET - Webinar: "Mental Health in the Construction Industry" – It's a difficult time for everyone right now, and mental health and wellbeing are of utmost concern. Learn how to spot signs of strain in yourself and others from presenter Lisa K. Desai, Psy.D.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/94826194152
Webinar ID: 948 2619 4152
- Oct. 14, 2 p.m. ET - Webinar: "Know Your YP – Millennials vs. Gen Z" – You can't refer to all Young Professionals solely as millennials anymore. Learn the differences, preferences and tendencies of both subgroups of young Americans.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/97060828204
Webinar ID: 970 6082 8204
- Oct. 15, 2 p.m. ET - Webinar: "Social Media Tips for YPs in the Building Industry" – Good at building, but maybe not so much with social media? Ask questions of a couple social media gurus on how they have built and continue to grow their companies online.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/97760276131
Webinar ID: 977 6027 6131
- Oct. 16, 4 p.m. ET - YP Week Virtual Happy Hour – Grab your favorite beverage, log in and video chat with a bunch of young professionals from across the country.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/91330715024
Meeting ID: 913 3071 5024
There will be more throughout the week on the NAHB YP Facebook page
and at local HBAs. Follow the tag #YPWEEK to see events near you or virtual.
On Tuesday, Oct. 13, NAHB Young Professionals also will be participating in the third annual Careers in Construction Day. This day of action on social media is designed to show students, and others looking for a new career path, what a day in the life of a home building professional is like. We are encouraging all NAHB members to post photos and videos of themselves in their work spaces on their preferred social media channel using #CICDay2020. Job site and office shots are welcome, as are photos/videos of completed projects using #IBuiltThat.
For questions about YP Week or the NAHB Young Professionals, please contact Topher McLarty