With school is back in session all over the country, NAHB Education has three webinars and virtual courses beginning next week for home building professionals.
Webinar: Get IRS Guidance on LIHTC Casualty Loss
In Casualty Loss on LIHTC Properties: IRS Guidance & the Impact of COVID-19 on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2-3 p.m. ET, participants will discover the IRS regulations for regular casualty losses and federal disaster area issues on Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties. Industry experts will review Revenue Procedure 2014-19 and the recent IRS Notice 2020-53, COVID-19 Relief for LIHTC projects. Timing issues and penalties for failure to meet deadlines will also be addressed.
Speakers include A.J. Johnson, President, A.J. Johnson Consulting Services; Marie Peace, VP of Compliance, The Franklin Johnston Group; and Matt Rayburn, Deputy Executive Director & Chief Real Estate Development Officer, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.
This webinar will help you:
- Understand the deadline associated with repairing LIHTC properties after a casualty loss.
- Learn the importance of coordinating efforts with state agencies.
- Identify the tax ramifications of failing to comply with IRS casualty loss requirements.
Webinar: Explore Smart Home Technology
Take a deep dive into smart home product selection, integration, and service strategies that deliver more profit with less hassle. During the Be Smart: Home Strategies for More Sales & Less Hassle webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2-3 p.m. ET, speaker Eric Goranson, CKD- Around the House with Eric G, will teach participants how to establish a competitive advantage and increase sales by helping clients navigate the smart home tech landscape. You'll leave the webinar with product and marketing best practices that add revenue to a project without the headaches—from building the integrated, standard systems today's customers want, to offering appropriate service after the sale.
This webinar will help you:
- Recognize the importance of smart hub technology as the foundation for product selections.
- Implement a trouble-free system that works and complements each tech item.
- Understand how to service smart home technology after the sale.
Participants in either webinar can earn one hour of continuing education credits for each webinar for the following professional designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM.
Online Course: Sharpen Your Home Sales Skills
NAHB's The New Home Sales Professional live online course will prepare you to bring your "A game" to every meeting with a prospective home buyer. This dynamic course held over three consecutive Tuesdays, Sept. 15, 22, 29, 1-3 p.m. ET, will be led by industry expert Christy Beck of Caruso Homes, who will review best practices and offer tips and techniques to help you close more sales. By completing this three-part course, you should be confident performing the various tasks required of management and be on the top of your game in front of every buyer and make the sale.
What you can expect from this course:
- You want to be on your way to becoming a top-level salesperson, and that journey begins by identifying proper goals that can be attained both personally and professionally.
- Every job has its own unique task list and not all those tasks are exciting. This course will assist you in organizing repetitive tasks that are required of the New Home Sales Professional.
- Understanding your competition is an extremely important part of competitive sales, and you will be provided with tools to analyze your competition to see how you compare.
- Knowing the difference between how different types of people approach a purchase can make a big difference when closing the sale and that is why you will discover various techniques for selling to different personality types.
- From tips and techniques in your sales presentation and the various stages to close the sale, you will examine a variety of methods of improving the customer experience.
NAHB Continuing Education Credits: 6 credit hours towards CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, and MIRM.