Earlier this month, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) honored nearly 200 ENERGY STAR partners
for their contributions to public health and the environment.
One of the key partners that won a 2020 ENERGY STAR Award for Sustained Excellence was KB Home
, recognized for constructing more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder, with a total of more than 137,000 homes. In 2019, KB Home also educated customers and real estate professionals through its Energy Performance Guide (EPG), a tool that projects estimated energy savings and utility bills for prospective home buyers.
Additional NAHB members were honored with the following awards:
Partner of the Year:
- Jamestown – Atlanta
- Main Street Homes – Midlothian, Va.
- Winton & Associates – El Paso, Texas
- Andersen Corporation – Bayport, Minn.
- Beazer Homes – Atlanta
- Brighton Homes – Meridian, Idaho
- Chinburg Properties – Newmarket, N.H.
- Cushman & Wakefield - Chicago
- Ivey Residential, LLC – Evans, Ga.
- Kilroy Realty – Los Angeles
- Mandalay Homes – Prescott, Ariz.
- New Tradition Homes – Vancouver, Wash.
- Providence Homes – Jacksonville, Fla.
For a full list of winners, including their 2019 accomplishments, visit energystar.gov
For more information about NAHB’s sustainable and green building programs, visit nahb.org
. And to stay current on the high-performance residential building sector, follow NAHB’s Sustainability and Green Building team on Twitter