National Designation Month in March is the perfect opportunity to recognize the achievements of those holding NAHB educational designations and to encourage individuals either to start or complete courses to obtain them. Professional designations offer excellent opportunities to improve skills, advance careers and earn recognition for builders, remodelers and trade partners’ commitment to professional growth.
NAHB Education offers 13 professional designations through the most targeted curriculum, accomplished instructors and widely respected education opportunities in the business. Whether through online courses and webinars, classroom sessions, or on-location courses at events like the NAHB International Builders’ Show, NAHB offers hundreds of opportunities for members to grow professionally and advance their careers.
Local HBAs can assist their members by spreading the message of how designations can boost your members’ careers and businesses. We've got a great set of tools you can use during National Designation Month in March and throughout the year.
Visit the page Resources for Marketing Your Designation to:
- Download logos
- Download PDFs of newly branded designation brochures. Customization is available
- Find out how to add your designation badges to Houzz
- NAHB Education has created customizable consumer presentations for active CAPS, CGB, CGR, GMB and GMR designees to use to help their customers better understand all they have to offer.
- Recognize members who have obtained a designation in the past year at your March membership meeting.
- Does your HBA have a Designee of the Year? Recognize and incorporate this member into the marketing of your education programs. For example, have them speak at a course for new members and feature them on your website.
- If your Parade of Homes includes members who hold designations, be sure to highlight this in their bios.
- Have a rotating electronic presentation or posters at your home show recognizing designation holders.
- Use March as a way to introduce new members to education or to recruit new members. Ask members with the designations to speak to members with similar interests.
- Invite the local Lowe’s manager to a membership meeting to talk about the importance of continuing education and Lowe’s involvement with NAHB Education. (Lowe’s is the exclusive sponsor of NAHB Education courses and designations).
Course schedules, developing a program, ordering materials, fees:
- Email Education@nahb.org
- Call the NAHB Education Professional Designation Helpline at 800-368-5242 x8154
- Contact Distribution Services at 800-368-5242 x8174
- Call Education Marketing at 800-368-5242 x8321
- Anna Briseno at 202-266-8132