NAHB’s Sustainability and Green IBS Scholarship aims to provide exposure to students and recent graduates in the construction industry to the world of high-performance homes. Attending the International Builders’ Show (IBS) can help you make the connections you need to jumpstart your professional trajectory. The 2021 IBSx has the potential to allow for more scholarship recipients to experience the show virtually, including attending key education sessions, collaborating with peers, and meeting online with mentors in the green building industry.
The application period for the 2021 IBSx will open at the beginning of November 2020. Check back frequently for details.
Interested applicants may include:
- Students in a two- or four-year university program, vocational school, apprenticeship program or other recognized training program,
- A recent graduate, or
- A young professional looking for a career shift.
2021 scholarship recipients will receive a free full registration to maximize their experience, with access to numerous virtual networking events, education sessions, mentor match-ups from veterans in the field, and chances to see the latest products in the industry.
Throughout the virtual event, you will get to access the expo “floor” to learn about new and innovative products, attend sustainability and green building education seminars and receive Continuing Education Units, virtually experience green building tours, and more. Details of the digital experience are still tentative, but the main events will occur online Feb. 9-12, 2021.
If you have any questions about the application or requirements, please email NAHB.
- Complete online application form.
- Submit a resume/CV.
- Submit a video (please see requirements in application).
- Provide headshot or other photo of yourself.
- 18 years of age by 2/9/21
- Active student or recent graduate (can include undergraduate, graduate, vocational, apprenticeship or other recognized training program within past two years)
- At least two summers of industry experience (internship/apprenticeship/recognized training program)
If selected, the following will be required during and after the show:
- Attend at least one educational session per day. (Suggested list will be provided.)
- Help promote IBSx via social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Submit a blog (500 words maximum, NAHB staff reserve the right to edit) detailing your most memorable and influential green experiences during the virtual show. Your blog will be promoted via NAHB social media channels to encourage other green professionals to attend the show.
- Share feedback about your experience via a follow-up survey to help NAHB improve the program.
NAHB is soliciting donations for the Sustainability & Green Scholarship Fund so that students and recent graduates interested in green building can attend the 2022 in-person show. Check out how your company could benefit from contributing. Donations to the fund are tax deductible and are received through NAHB’s secure platform. Donate now.