The 2020 NAHB Student Competition for four-year programs will be held at the International Builders Show Jan. 20-22, 2020, in Las Vegas.
2020 Competition Timeline
- Sept. 3, 2019: Competition problem posted
- Oct. 11, 2019: Registration due
- Oct. 16, 2019, 4-5 p.m. (EDT): Four-year programs Q&A
- Oct. 17, 2019, 4-5 p.m. (EDT): Financial webinar
- Oct. 31, 2019: IBS Travel Scholarship applications due
- Nov. 29, 2019: Team member list due
- Dec. 4, 2019: Last day to withdraw from competition
- Dec. 12, 2019: Projects due
- Jan. 20-22, 2020: Presentation dates
- Jan. 22, 2020: Judges’ debriefing
- Jan. 22, 2020: Award ceremony at International Builders’ Show
Resources for Competitors
- Important Materials
- Location of presentation room at the Westgate Resort & Casino
- NAHB Four-Year Student Competition Guidebook
- Question Board: All competition related questions posted in our Google group will be answered by the competition's consultants.
- Four-year programs Q&A (Oct. 16, 2019)
- Financial webinar (Oct. 17, 2019)
- The Cengage Learning books will be available to all competition teams. (*Returning teams have the set of books from Cengage Learning. Only new teams will be shipped a set of resource books.)
- 2019 Four Year Programs Judges Debrief Video
$300 entry fee for four-year programs.
All participating teams must be NAHB Student Chapter members. Learn how to form a student chapter.
First Place: Michigan State University
Second Place: Pennsylvania State University
Third Place: California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo
Third Place: University of Denver
Fourth Place: Clemson University (South Carolina)
Fifth Place: Kennesaw State University (Georgia)