Design & Community Planning
- Alaina Money, Garman Homes & Fresh Paint by Garman Homes, Apex, North Carolina
- Allison Paul, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Lessard Design, Vienna, Virginia
- Ryan White, Dahlin Group Architecture Planning, Irvine, California
- Designers, Architects, Engineers and Planners
- Single Family - All
- Land Development
Level of Content:
What It's About:
With a population of over 75 million, Millennials have surpassed Baby Boomers as the nation's largest living generation, and many factors have influenced why they have decided to stay in rentals and not transition into their first homes. In this advanced session, hear the reasons why Millennials continue to rent, along with some solutions for pushing them towards purchasing. Topics include: innovative design features, cutting-edge hybrid products, affordable housing solutions without structured parking, land density and pricing. Gain the knowledge you need to persuade Millennials to make the switch.
What You'll Learn:
- Acquire a fundamental understanding of the Millennial buyer.
- Define the key features Millennials are looking for in buying their first home and ways to integrate them into your designs.
- Investigate the emerging hybrid typologies entering the market that provide affordable housing options to Millennials.
- Explore land value and pricing solutions.