With the new Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard now in effect, OSHA is ramping up enforcement at home building sites across the country. Compliance with this far-reaching standard has been challenging because silica dust can be created from numerous construction tasks, from cutting concrete to moving dirt around the jobsite. Looking at the OSHA silica rule in retrospect, this webinar replay will provide builders and trade contractors with practical lessons we have learned about the standard and how to comply.
Participants in this webinar replay will:
- Review the most common violations of the new silica standard
- Recognize the five major keys to compliance with the standard
- Discuss what practical steps builders and trade contractors are taking to meet the requirements of the standard and the valuable resources available for complying with the rule
This webinar replay is provided free of charge thanks to Builders Mutual, the official safety sponsor of NAHB. Builders Mutual provides insurance coverage exclusively to the construction industry, and operates in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. To find out about how Builders Mutual can protect your business, visit buildersmutual.com or call 800-809-4859.
- Bradford T. Hammock, JD, Shareholder, Littler
- Sean Purcell, C-MESH, CBIA, Technical Manager Risk Management, Builders Mutual Insurance Company
NAHB Continuing Education: 1.0 hours of continuing education credits for the following 12 designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, MIRM.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: No refunds are issued for webinar replays upon purchase. However, NAHB regularly reviews these products and reserves the right to remove replays that are no longer current. If you are unable to view a replay during your 12-month access period, please contact Sheila Coble at EdWebinars@nahb.org.