The home building industry is predominantly composed of entrepreneurial, family-owned businesses. Builders need to plan for the implications of a sale or transition of their businesses to the next generation of leadership. Succession planning allows owners to adequately create and execute exit strategies that will achieve the best return for all their years of hard work. Learn about the business, tax and personal considerations that should be weighed for a successful business transition or retirement. Discussion also will include what is needed to prepare your business for transition or sale.
Participants in this webinar will able to:
- Examine why and how a succession plan can help you in achieving the best economic outcome for your business.
- Identify the key factors to evaluate as you are considering exiting your business or planning for retirement.
- Explore the actions you need to take to be best prepared for your business to be transitioned or sold.
- Steve Hays, Partner-In-Charge, Home Builder Services Group, Rubinbrown LLP
- Mark Jansen, Partner, Construction Services Group, Rubinbrown LLP
- Chris Coleman, Partner, Construction Services Group, Rubinbrown LLP
NAHB Continuing Education: 1.0 hours of continuing education credits for the following 12 designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: No refunds are issued for webinar replays upon purchase. However, NAHB regularly reviews these products and reserves the right to remove replays that are no longer current. If you are unable to view a replay during your 12-month access period, please contact Sheila Coble.