NAHB’s Global Innovation Award (GIA) honors the most innovative projects, products and services disrupting the global residential building industry. GIA winners represent the cutting-edge contributions that continue to push the housing industry to new limits. From new augmented reality technology to ultra-efficient HVAC units and everything in between, there’s a place for you.
If you are seeking a platform to expand your dream into a global reality, now is the opportunity to ‘Share Your Dream with the World.’
Join previous GIA winners who have demonstrated their unique and innovative contributions that continue to guide the housing industry into new worlds of design, products and services.
All NAHB members and partners are invited to submit their project, product or service to the GIA program. NAHB will recognize and promote the winning innovations through a variety of channels.
2019 GIA Winners Announced at IBS 2020
Representatives for the three winning products were honored at the 2020 NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. The winning products offer home builders new options for building more sustainable, efficient and comfortable homes, as well as unique ways to plan and sell them to buyers.
2020 Global Innovation Awards
Applications for the 2020 awards program will be accepted in the spring. Please be sure to check back for instructions on submitting your application.
Learn more about the benefits of receiving a GIA.
Judging Criteria & Guidelines
Award recipients will be graded based on the following six criteria:
- Innovation. Product and/or service is new (never been offered) or significantly changed (would be deemed a game-changer in its product class).
- Functionality. Product and/or service is easy to use, a go-to for builder and/or consumers.
- Good Design. Product has clean lines and is attractive for its purpose.
- Builder/Consumer Friendly. Product and/or service will help the builder solve a specific issue, add to their bottom line, and/or solve a specific problem for the consumer.
- Sustainability. Product and/or service will help consumers achieve sustainability and energy efficiency goals.
- Unique Marketing Approach. Product and/or service has been successfully marketed in a unique way.
An independent panel of judges will select the winning products or services based on these six criteria from all the entries. Judges will look for the best combination of design, functionality, innovation and usefulness.
“A membership with NAHB and winning the GIA has helped connect a winning indoor air quality education firm with builders, manufacturers, architects, designers, specifiers and consumers nationally and internationally through its network.”