This hands-on classroom course (Part 2) applies the strategy and implementation concepts from the online course (Part 1) through training using your completed exercises (required). You’ll use your new skills to prepare marketing and sales budgets, advertise based on a particular target market and gain greater insight on the various methods for generating traffic on a large or limited budget. Whether you are building production homes in a community or custom homes on the buyer’s land, you can create an effective sales environment, find good salespeople and how to determine what type of support staff is appropriate. You will learn how to train and pay staff and evaluate their performance as well as analyze and correct the initial and ongoing results of your building projects.
By completing this section, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of marketing goals and strategies as they relate to sales goals.
- Apply a buyer profile to drive and prioritize marketing mix decisions.
- Identify effective characteristics of lead generation tactics and develop them.
- Develop a list of lead generating tactics based on a target market.
- Determine an appropriate marketing budget allocation for a project.
- Derive meaning from a sales absorption timetable.
- Identify best practices for coordinating the efforts of the marketing and sales teams.
- Identify considerations for planning sales office type, location and design, including virtual environments.
- Describe the purpose and importance of model merchandising in home sales.
- Determine the best sales team staffing model for a sales office.
- Identify the pros and cons of various commissions systems.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is targeted to home builders and developers as well as sales and marketing professionals, real estate agents and the lenders who work with them.
NAHB Designations and Continuing Education
This course is required for the following NAHB designations: CMP, MIRM.
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP.
Additional Credit Information
6 AIBD CE. All face-to-face and online education provided by NAHB is approved by the American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) for continuing education units. Members of the Institute seeking credit must self-report by submitting a form and providing verification of attendance or completion.
The Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors has approved this course for CE.
This course has been approved by the state of Michigan for Continuing Competency.
This course is also approved for continuing education for contractor state licenses in the state of Utah.
Take this Course
Go to the Upcoming Educational Opportunities page and enter Principles of Residential Marketing Strategy and Implementation Classroom (Part 2) in the ‘Search Classes’ box.