Implementing cost-effective green building into your construction practices requires a whole-house approach to building science. In this course, you will learn how to apply green building practices in the construction of a new home, remodel, site development or multifamily project. With a focus on flexibility, a sound knowledge base and cost-effective solutions, the course provides the tools for a successful green project, and includes a review of the newly revised ICC/ASHRAE 700-2015 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS). This course can be taken in its entirety or you may choose to take one to ten different modules focused on a specific high performance topic.
Full Course (online):
- High Performance Building as a Business Strategy
- Operation, Maintenance and Building Owner Education
- Site and Lot Design and Development
- Resource Efficiency
- Building Science and the Whole House
- Energy Efficiency – Parts A and B
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Water Efficiency
- Green Remodeling – Parts A and B
- Marketing Green and High Performance Projects
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate sound building science principles and a whole-house approach into the design, construction and remodeling process.
- Analyze an array of water-, resource- and energy-efficiency solutions and techniques as well as indoor environmental quality practices.
- Examine specific practices in each chapter of the ICC/ASHRAE 700-2015 NGBS.
- Explore how to market and sell in the expanding green home marketplace.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education and qualifies for 12.00 LU/HSW Hours.
NAHB Continuing Education: 12.0 hours towards CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, CMP, CSP, CGP, GMB, GMR, Master CSP, Master CGP and MIRM.
NAHB Designations: CGA, CGB, CGP, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP
Refund Policy: No refunds are issued for on demand courses upon purchase.
The National Association of Home Builders is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available upon request.
Important Registration Details: Please note: You have one year after purchase to complete the requirements of this module. This course is non‐transferrable. Do not use another individual’s login information to register for this course. You must login to nahb.org as yourself to receive your certificate of completion and credit for this course. If you are registering as a member, please use a PIN tied to your legal name. NAHB PINs are tied to a person, not a company. If you are not registered on nahb.org, create Your Login now.
Contact the NAHB Designation Help Line: 800-368-5242 x8164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,