Planning for greater housing affordability is an important first step. Communities can enhance affordability with a comprehensive planning and development framework. The best plans incorporate job growth as well as housing needs and supply to inform zoning decisions.
- Prepare a truly comprehensive plan that includes housing needs
- Encourage mixed-use/mixed-income development
- Encourage adaptive reuse, infill and redevelopment
- Innovative infrastructure financing tools
- State-level programs and remedies