Working with your state and local officials to advocate for housing is more important then ever during this unprecedented challenge.
Construction Exemptions to State Business Closures
The safety and health of all those who work in construction remains our top priority. The industry continues to adhere to all public health guidelines set forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Working on a new unfinished home site occurs primarily outdoors and does not involve going onto a location occupied by residents or a public location, and there is minimal (if any) physical or transactional contact with customers.
- Map: Construction Exemptions to State Business Closures
- DHS Designates Residential Construction as “Essential Infrastructure Business”
- Template letter to city or state to request "Essential Infrastructure Business" designation
- CISA: Classification of multifamily development as commercial construction
- Miami-Dade County Emergency Order
- State of Nevada Non-Essential Businesses Closure Announcement
- Colorado Statewide Stay at Home letter
- Letter from Maryland BIA to Governor