NAHB has compiled a set of resources for builders, remodelers, HBAs and consumers to help their communities prepare for a natural disaster. If you would like to share any disaster preparation materials, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery Resources for Consumers – Help home owners take important steps ahead of a disaster.
- Prepare Your Home Now for Hurricane Season – Customize this article to share hurricane preparation tips with home owners.
- Protect Your Home from Wildfires with Fire-Resistant Construction – Use this sample consumer article to provide information about protecting your home from wildfires.
- Ready.gov Website – This government website provides resources on how to prepare, plan and stay informed about natural and man-made disasters.
- FEMA Disaster Resources – Access resources on FEMA’s website to plan, prepare and mitigate the impact of a natural disaster.
Resources for Builders, Remodelers and HBAs
- Hurricane Preparedness for Builders: Checklist from the Home Innovation Research Labs
- Preparedness Planning for Your Business
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Checklist for Small Business Owners
- IRS: Preparing for a Disaster (Taxpayers and Businesses)
- Federal Communications Commission: Cybersecurity Planner