The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today announced the winners of its Best in Green Awards at a ceremony during the International Builders’ Show.
For the third year, these green awards have been incorporated into many of NAHB’s other honors, including the Best in American Living Awards, The Nationals, Best of 55+ Housing Awards, Pillars of the Industry Awards and Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence. Winners of any green or sustainable award in any of these programs were automatically entered for consideration for a Best in Green Award.
“This year’s competition for Best in Green Awards was truly impressive, with more entries than ever before,” said NAHB Chairman Ed Brady, a home builder and developer in Bloomington, Ill. “The winners represent the best of the best in environmentally friendly building, development and remodeling, showcasing the latest in high-performance building practices and sustainable living.”
This year’s winners included:
- Best in Green 55+ Community: Mirabella, Koral and Gobuty Developments, Bradenton, Fla.
- Best in Green Community: Green Park Homes, Santa Clarita, Calif.
- Best in Green Multifamily Project - Affordable: Prospect Plaza Site 1, Blue Sea Development Company LLC, Huntington, N.Y.
- Best in Green Multifamily Project - Market Rate: Monarc at Met 3, ZOM Development, Orlando, Fla.
- Best in Green, NGBS Certified: Prospect Plaza Site 1, Blue Sea Development Company LLC, Huntington, N.Y.
- Best in Green Remodeling Project: The Rhodo Reno, Living Stone Construction, Black Mountain, N.C.
- Best in Green Sales and Marketing Strategy: The Organic Home, Dorn Homes, Prescott, Ariz.
- Best in Green Single-Family Custom Home: Sloane Modern, Phil Kean Design Group, Orlando, Fla.
- Best in Green Single-Family Production Home: Sage, The Bozzuto Group, Fulton, Md.
- Best in Green Young Professional of the Year: Scott Frankel, Co-President and Principal of Frankel Building Group, Houston, Texas
Additional information about the Best in Green awards can be found at www.nahb.org/bigawards.