Learn the management skills that give industry leaders the edge. This course will give you a solid foundation for managing small- to medium- size building/remodeling and service companies. This course explains critical elements from planning to evaluating progress and presents practical tips and tools for managing a business successfully. You’ll get a solid grasp of business best practices and practical tools of value whether you are a new or experienced business owner. Download the complete course description.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify common business challenges and ways to overcome them.
- Describe the three basic functional areas of a business.
- Describe how to plan effectively for achieving business success.
- Describe the organization and processes that a company needs to have in place to run efficiently.
- Identify methods for recruiting, interviewing, training and retaining quality personnel.
- Identify performance tools to help you achieve success.
- Identify methods for evaluating your progress.
Who Should Take This Course?
Builders, remodelers, and other home building industry professionals interested in understanding the challenges and best practices involved in managing a small to medium home building/remodeling business.
This course is required for the following NAHB designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, Master CGP
This course can be an elective for the Master CSP designation.
This course provides six hours of continuing education credits for these NAHB designations:
CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP and MIRM.
Additional Credit Information
6 AIA/CES LU: NAHB is a Registered Provider with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this course will be reported to CES Records for AIA members by NAHB. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available upon request.
This course is also approved for continuing education for contractor state licenses in the state of Utah.
Take this Course
Go to the Upcoming Educational Opportunities page
and enter Business Management for Building Professionals in the ‘Search Classes’ box.